Monday, December 30, 2013

Maybelline Fit Me Stick Foundation Review

I had to make a trip to Walmart and naturally stopped at the makeup! I had a coupon for $2.00 off a Maybelline product and decided to try out the Fit Me Foundation Stick. I opted for shade 120 Classic Ivory.
 


 
 
 
 

 Details

This is directly from the Maybelline site. Click here for the product page.
 
Our first gel stick foundation with an anti-shine core
Fresh gel foundation blends to a natural matte finish
Lightweight powders in the anti-shine core instantly dissolve excess oil 

Why You'll Love It

It’s one-step perfection.
The first of its kind – lightweight gel stick foundation with an anti-shine powder core:
  • Powder core instantly dissolves excess oil.
  • For flawless, shine-free skin and tailor-made natural matte coverage.
  • Easy to apply and great on-the go.
  • Available in 12 oil-free shades.

For Best Results

Apply to your face and blend evenly with your fingertips
 

My Experience

I applied the foundation directly from the stick to my face as suggested in the application directions. The shade did closely match my skin. It went on very smoothly and blended very easily. I didn't use my fingers to blend. I opted for my beauty blender.
 
The foundation didn't feel greasy or sticky. It had a nice smoothness. Since I was using this as a trial I decided to skip primers and concealers today. It does seem to dry decently fast once applied and blended. It "mattifies" your skin once it sets. After wearing it throughout the day I did notice it seemed to keep extra oils at bay.
 
The coverage is more natural but it seems to be buildable. My initial thought was that it was going to be more of a fuller coverage product but seems to be light to medium. Again this is without any primers, etc. I am sure you would probably get a more full coverage look if primers were used and you added more foundation or "built" it.
 

Opinion and Final Thoughts

I do like the Maybelline Fit Me Stick Foundation. I think that the foundation did closely match my skin and was very bendable. It had a nice application and good finished results. I prefer more of a fuller coverage foundation, again I believe this is buildable.
 
I also think this would work well as a concealer with other foundation products and trouble areas. It did seem to keep the oil down and I didn't notice much shine. I plan to try this out several more ways that will include using a primer and building in addition to concealing using this product as a base.
 
My overall opinion is that I would definitely use this product again and would recommend it to my friends and family. It was a good product and very affordable! So if you haven't already tried this out I say go for it!!
 
Here is a quick snapshot after several hours of wear. Unfortunately the lighting was bad but I definitely think the makeup held up pretty well!
 
 
Love and Hugs!!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! They are much appreciated, and I love reading every single one of them!